Manage your XCEL Debit and Credit Cards with the tap of your Fingertips.
Easily Manage Your Cards with your Mobile Device
XCEL's SmartCard app, powered by CardValet, helps you control your XCEL debit and credit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to set alerts and manage your finances while guarding against fraud 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Instantly turn your XCEL debit and credit cards on and off.
- Receive alerts when your cards are used, approved or exceeds the transaction controls you've set.
- Establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations.
- Stay informed of potential fraud with alerts on attempted and declined transactions.
How to Access SmartCard
- Download the XCEL mobile app and log onto mobile banking.
- Tap on the SmartCard button in the middle of the main menu.
- Tap the Continue button which will redirect you to your store to download SmartCard.
- This is required to do the 1st time as this will establish your secure connection to SmartCard.
- Enable Biometrics logon within the SmartCard app for direct access.
Access SmartCard without Mobile Banking
- Once XCEL's SmartCard App is installed, launch the XCEL SmartCard app directly.
- Direct connection will ONLY be established if you enable Biometrics logon (Face ID or fingerprint) above.
If Biometrics is NOT enabled on the XCEL SmartCard app, you can only access SmartCard through mobile banking.
XCEL FCU is a credit union serving members in New Jersey, New York and across the country.