Mutual Funds - A Turnkey Choice
Mutual funds offer the individual investor a hands-off approach to investing. When investing in mutual funds, investors don’t directly own the stocks or bonds, but rather share equally in the profits or losses of the fund’s total holdings, thus the “mutual” in “mutual funds.".
Advantages of investing in mutual funds include:
- Less risk through diversification – A single mutual fund may invest in hundreds of individual securities at once. This way, if any one security does poorly, the others are there to help offset the risk.
- Lower costs – Pay a low expense ratio on a single account rather than paying high commissions on every trade you make when buying and selling individual securities yourself.
- Professional management – No need to keep track of every security in your mutual fund. The fund is managed by experts who take care of that for you.
- Convenience – Buy and sell mutual fund shares online or by phone and set up automatic investments and withdrawals.
Yet, with thousands of mutual funds to choose from and so many services that evaluate fund performance, learning how to interpret mutual funds yourself is often quite difficult to do unless you are working with stock, bond and hybrid funds daily.
This is where professional expertise can be incredibly valuable. A good financial advisor understands each individual’s unique situation and will really listen and help guide you through investing in mutual funds and provide sound advice based upon your concerns.
XCEL FCU is a credit union serving members in New Jersey, New York and across the country.
We are licensed in the following states. If you are a legal resident of one of these states, please proceed. We are sorry if we are unable to offer you our services at this time.
- Securities: Arizona, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas
Lincoln Financial Advisors and its registered representatives do not give legal or tax advice. Roy Schoenfeld is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker-dealer (Member SIPC) and registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Lincoln Financial Advisors has formed a strategic alliance with XCEL Federal Credit Union. XCEL Federal Credit Union is not affiliate of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. While the two firms will work together to provide you with the best service possible, each firm is independently responsible for the services offered.
Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors, a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA / SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the XCEL Federal Credit Union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal.
- Insurance: Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas
Unless otherwise identified, Associates on this website are registered representatives of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker/dealer and a registered investment advisor. Member SIPC. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies and state variations thereof. Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Firm disclosure information available at www.LFG.com.
See Lincoln Financial Advisors (LFA’s) Form CRS Customer Relationship Summary is available here for succinct information about the relationships and services LFA offers to retail investors, related fees and costs, specified conflicts of interest, standards of conduct, and disciplinary history, among other things. LFA’s Forms ADV, Part 2A, which describe LFA’s investment advisory services, Regulation Best Interest Disclosure Document, which describes LFA’s broker-dealer services, and other client disclosure documents can be found here.
- Note: Associated persons of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. who hold a JD and/or CPA license do not offer tax or legal advice on behalf of the firm.